Donations to the Naval Historical Society of Australia will support our mission which is, “to record, preserve and promote knowledge, understanding and awareness of Australian naval history at all levels of the national community”. We do this by providing information on naval historical matters, conducting, facilitating and encouraging research and writing on naval historical matters. We provide a free research service, produce video documentaries, publish a monthly newsletter and continuously enhance this website with newly published stories.
Fundraising Priorities for 2019 and 2020
In addition to the ongoing overheads any organisation must cover, the Society will commence or progress these initiatives in calendar years 2019 and 20.
- Add searchable databases to the website for;
- Cockatoo Island ship building and repair records
- Library catalogue
- Digitisation the Society archive for future publication on this website.
- The development of and publishing online Australia naval history educational resources in support of the national history curriculum.
- The sponsorship of public competitions and events which promote understanding of Australian naval history.
- Republish Society books in digital and paper format.
- The production a DVD on the history of Spectacle Island, the former Armament Depot in Sydney Harbour which is not accessible to the public.
- Develop and install a commemorative plaque and interpretive signage on Garden Island, Sydney showing the location of the original 1788 garden.
Fundraising by the Society
The Society is an entirely voluntary, ‘not for profit’ organisation. The Commonwealth Government provides office space and utilities in Garden Island, Sydney.
For further information, or to make a donation, please contact us:
Phone: +61 2 93592372
Note: Our office is open on Tuesday & Thursday only.
Please leave a message on our answering machine at other times.