CAPT C. M. Hudson, RAN, commanding HMAS QUEENBOROUGH, (frigate), suffered a stroke while the ship was at sea off Point Gellibrand. The Executive Officer, LCDR V. A. Parker, RAN, was
HMAS QUEENBOROUGH was re-commissioned as an anti-submarine Frigate. During conversion she became the first ship of the RAN fitted with Type 170 Asdic and the Mk 10 Limbo mortar.
HMA Ships QUADRANT and QUEENBOROUGH, (destroyers), were docked in the Captain Cook Graving Dock at Garden Island. They were the first ships of the RAN to use the dock. All
The Q class destroyer, HMAS QUEENBOROUGH, was commissioned. QUEENBOROUGH was laid down at Swan Hunter’s Yard, England, on 6 November 1940, and launched on 16 January 1942. QUEENBOROUGH was transferred
HMAS QUEENSBOROUGH was commissioned into the RAN after service in the RN. She replaced HMAS NORMAN on transfer to the RAN.